Sunday, September 15, 2013

My cultural Old lady painting is going well. Today I had finally convinced my mom to take me to Michaels after the car had come back form being broken? I don't know how but that's not the point. I go into Michaels to find the paint I want to finish, but once I got to the paint idle their was a limited amount of colors! How the hell does an arts and crafts store have such little paint. I was already having a tiresome morning and this just killed it completely. So I ask the lady in the front who reeked of cigarettes if they had more paints in the back or in storage. She didn't even bother to look and me and answered no. Getting even more pissed off I buy what little paint I had and now have to get more tomorrow after school to get the bigger bottles of paint. So my painting schedule didn't turn out so well at first.
 Once I finished all my homework I was forced to go outside to paint so that I wouldn't get my room dirty. Once started to paint I felt better and focused on what I wanted to do. I started off with the base of the coat and plotted out what I was going to do for a pattern to make it look more realistic. I had also added more modpog on the background since everyone was telling me how much it looked like wood. To be honest, at first I tried to make it a one color base but I'm pretty proud of how it turned out and look the wood texture it gives of, since I'm aiming for a texture styed portrait. Tomorrow I'm going to start on the skin and with definition and color I will make the wrinkles. The modpog looked really nice on the coat, I hope it looks well on the skin too!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know what you need paint wise. I make Dick Blick runs all the time.

    ReplyDelete